BchainTalk Forum - Community for Blockchain Believers

Join like-minded people in a collaborative culture to share & learn.

BchainTalk Forum - Community for Blockchain Believers

Join like-minded people in a collaborative culture to share & learn.

Latest topics
» Bidooh — The World’s First Blockchain-based Facial Recognition Billboard
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 4:02 pm by Vladdirescu

» Smart Valor — The Future of Global Investments
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 6:06 pm by Vladdirescu

» Jur — Resolving Legal Disputes with the Help of Smart Contracts
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:08 pm by Vladdirescu

» CDRX — Blockchain Technology in the Traditional Securities Market
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 3:48 pm by Vladdirescu

» NoahCoin as a Key to Borderless Facilities of Noah Project
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pm by Vladdirescu

» Iconiq Lab —  New ICO Accelerator and Decentralized Investment Fund
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 8:34 pm by Vladdirescu

» Raincheck — Global Bonus System and Loyalty Program on the Stellar Blockchain
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 6:09 pm by Vladdirescu

» Clintex (Clinical Trials Intelligence) — Alternative Treatment of the Future
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 am by Vladdirescu

» Mobu ICO— The Future of Security Tokenization
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 1:26 am by Vladdirescu

» Codex Protocol — Blockchain-based Title Registry of Art and Collectibles
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 6:32 pm by Vladdirescu

» INGOT Coin Develops An All-Inclusive Ecosystem to Bridge Markets, Revives Lost Demand
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 6:50 pm by Vladdirescu

» Japan Has Announced New Five-Point Regulations for Cryptocurrency Exchanges
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:16 am by Vladdirescu

» Trivver — Blockchain-Based Extended Reality Ad Exchange
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 5:38 pm by Vladdirescu

» OEL Foundation — Unified Logistics Blockchain Infrastructure
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 10:20 pm by Vladdirescu

» Quadrant Protocol — Data Ecosystem With Authenticity And Provenance
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 pm by Vladdirescu

» Pumapay Brings Crypto Payments into Daily Life, Raises $117 mln in Private Token Sale
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 6:47 pm by Vladdirescu

» FlipNpik — Social Media for Local and Small Businesses based on XLM
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyThu May 24, 2018 3:34 pm by Vladdirescu

» Japanese Bank MUFG Is Planning to Issue a Trial of Its Own Digital Currency
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyThu May 17, 2018 11:40 pm by Vladdirescu

» Blockchain Enters Poland’s Financial Market, Namely the Credit Office
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyThu May 17, 2018 10:55 pm by Vladdirescu

» HSBC Claims it Performed the World’s First Trade Transaction via Blockchain
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers EmptyThu May 17, 2018 10:26 pm by Vladdirescu

Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers Empty Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers

Post by mike H Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:12 pm

After falling for the latest bitcoin scam out there I am compelled to write about the number of bitcoin scams going on out there and the scammers behind them. My Story began in a Thursday after noon (Wednesday August 13, 2014) when I was contacted by a person pretending to be a representative of cryptocoinsnews.com selling sponsored posts on the site with bitcoins. The individual asked for .40 worth of bitcoins for the sponsored post but I was able to convince him to accept .02 bitcoins. See a copy of the first bitcoin scam email I received below.
Bitcoin Scam Alert! List of Current Bitcoin Scams and Scammers Bitcoin-email-scams
Here’s first problem I failed to spot. Take a look at the email address the bitcoin scam was sent from. It reads “david.parker@CryptoCoinzNews.com. David Parker is the a real co-owner of the website CryptoCoinsNews.com and is listed on the site as so. David Parker is legit. However, what is not legit is this David Parker from this email address. Someone duplicated CryptoCoinsNews.com to CryptoCoinzNews.com. Can you spot the difference? The bitcoin scam website/email is CryptoCoinzNews.com with a ‘z’ and the legit bitcoin news site is CryptoCoinsNews.com with an ‘s’. But when the bitcoin scam email is sent, the correct website is listed in the body of the email with the fraudulent email address!

RELATED: Roger Ver aka Bitcoin Jesus vs Hacker Nitrous – See What Happens Next!

A few hours later after negotiating a lower rate for the sponsored post, I sent .20 bitcoins to the scam bitcoin address 1NzpPpSKJyFbpUruMkxF8FVm6huoUwhrLc. Little did I know this bitcoin address was the address that would disappear with my bitcoins to the ‘never recover’ land

https://99bitcoins.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/bitcoin-sponsored-posts-scam.png

Forward to 9 days later. After countless emails to the fake David Parker asking for the status of the sponsored post that was supposed to be posted within 24 hours, I went to the bitcoin news site CryptoCoinsNews.com and contacted everyone listed on their contact page with a disappointing message. It was then that I was sent a post written weeks ago about the bitcoin scam artist falsely representing the real David Parker. I read the post and learned that I was not the only one to fall victim to that particular bitcoin scam.

The same type of scam seems to be running around Coindesk as well. Someone pretending to be Shakil Khan (Coindesk’s owner) is sending emails regarding fake advertising spots.

As a results, I decided to tell my story and create a list of bitcoin scams and scammers to help the bitcoin community identify and neutralize them! Please fell free to add to this list (on the comment page and we will move them to the list) any known bitcoin scam artist or bitcoin scams!

Source:https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-scam-alert-list-current-bitcoin-scams-scammers/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwxPbHBRCdxJLF3qen3dYBEiQAMRyxS8J97lOGaxw8gEvuRTLz8-Lc_xt4kVLJUXVzEDl5cE0aAvpn8P8HAQ#prettyPhoto

mike H

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top