BchainTalk Forum - Community for Blockchain Believers

Join like-minded people in a collaborative culture to share & learn.

BchainTalk Forum - Community for Blockchain Believers

Join like-minded people in a collaborative culture to share & learn.

Latest topics
» Bidooh — The World’s First Blockchain-based Facial Recognition Billboard
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 4:02 pm by Vladdirescu

» Smart Valor — The Future of Global Investments
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 6:06 pm by Vladdirescu

» Jur — Resolving Legal Disputes with the Help of Smart Contracts
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:08 pm by Vladdirescu

» CDRX — Blockchain Technology in the Traditional Securities Market
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 3:48 pm by Vladdirescu

» NoahCoin as a Key to Borderless Facilities of Noah Project
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pm by Vladdirescu

» Iconiq Lab —  New ICO Accelerator and Decentralized Investment Fund
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 8:34 pm by Vladdirescu

» Raincheck — Global Bonus System and Loyalty Program on the Stellar Blockchain
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 6:09 pm by Vladdirescu

» Clintex (Clinical Trials Intelligence) — Alternative Treatment of the Future
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 am by Vladdirescu

» Mobu ICO— The Future of Security Tokenization
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 1:26 am by Vladdirescu

» Codex Protocol — Blockchain-based Title Registry of Art and Collectibles
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 6:32 pm by Vladdirescu

» INGOT Coin Develops An All-Inclusive Ecosystem to Bridge Markets, Revives Lost Demand
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 6:50 pm by Vladdirescu

» Japan Has Announced New Five-Point Regulations for Cryptocurrency Exchanges
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:16 am by Vladdirescu

» Trivver — Blockchain-Based Extended Reality Ad Exchange
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 5:38 pm by Vladdirescu

» OEL Foundation — Unified Logistics Blockchain Infrastructure
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 10:20 pm by Vladdirescu

» Quadrant Protocol — Data Ecosystem With Authenticity And Provenance
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 pm by Vladdirescu

» Pumapay Brings Crypto Payments into Daily Life, Raises $117 mln in Private Token Sale
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 6:47 pm by Vladdirescu

» FlipNpik — Social Media for Local and Small Businesses based on XLM
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyThu May 24, 2018 3:34 pm by Vladdirescu

» Japanese Bank MUFG Is Planning to Issue a Trial of Its Own Digital Currency
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyThu May 17, 2018 11:40 pm by Vladdirescu

» Blockchain Enters Poland’s Financial Market, Namely the Credit Office
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyThu May 17, 2018 10:55 pm by Vladdirescu

» HSBC Claims it Performed the World’s First Trade Transaction via Blockchain
The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India EmptyThu May 17, 2018 10:26 pm by Vladdirescu

The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India Empty The state of Bitcoins, Blockchains, and Cryptocurrencies in India

Post by Martina32 Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:56 pm

The evolution of technology in the finance space has been interesting to say the least. The potential of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is considerable, though one must also be wary at this stage.
If you had asked me a few months ago what I thought about Bitcoins and the Blockchain technology in general, I’d probably reply with the same words you read in every headline related to this field — a decentralised, public ledger-based cryptocurrency. Now, fast forwarding to the present day, I’d describe it as a monetisable peer-to-peer protocol token that is maintained in a digitally scarce manner. I am beginning to understand the implications of this techno-financial Blockchain phenomenon on the various industries it will touch.

Image Credit: Shutterstock
It all really reached the peak for me when I saw Naval Ravikant’s tweet and closely followed his thoughts on this matter.
Value is seeping out of the venture business and into public blockchains where, ironically, individuals can play but VC funds cannot.
— Naval Ravikant (@naval) March 20, 2017
It’s tough to argue with the fact that Bitcoins are at best seen as a digital gold with a certain degree of volatility, all constructed over social trust. What I really found out, though, is that there is a whole different world of AppCoins and Protocol Tokens that has started to come up now. It’s not uncommon to see regular VCs raising LP money through such offerings, hedge funds investing in these cryptocurrencies, and super-computer networks offering coins to be later used to access their network.
A simple search will reveal that it’s still only a tiny fraction (~$ 29 billion market cap of all cryptocurrencies) in the whole financial pyramid of venture financing. These digital assets will require whole new investor mindsets to master — different kind of theses, evaluation methods, and trading skill sets to be able to participate in this protocol layer asset. These are highly risky, sometimes liquid, and often a democratised way of betting on a particular protocol’s usage. It’s easy to brush off Bitcoin and other such AltCoins as pump and dump schemes or even say that the ones driving these ecosystems forward are the ones who are most invested in it. It is true that it may be advisable to approach this space with caution. When things are not linked to an identity and most often anonymous, it’s impossible to recover what you have lost in the form of a private key.
I went digging down the rabbit hole and ended up getting further intrigued by this ecosystem. The current breed of Indian crypto-wallets have ridiculous spreads (buy-sell) that make it impossible to do short term trades, not to mention that the UI/UX of these providers makes it seem like they are catering to a crowd from the previous generation. It’s better to look at exchanges that have more breadth and are operated by regulated players in international markets. It’s easier to ‘ShapeShift’ to coins that aren’t easily available, because apart from basic Bitcoin wallets and a single Ethereum exchange in India, there isn’t much to choose from.
ZebPay has a good public document that tries to argue around the tax and legal implications. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), meanwhile, seems to be confused on this matter. They seem to be forthcoming in doing research into this field, but backward in issuing strict notices cautioning against the use of these.
This is a call to all financial cryptographers and Blockchain enthusiasts of India to lead the way. I am happy to buy you a cup of coffee if you can enlighten me more by showing me some interesting projects that you are attempting in this space. These could be interesting concept whitepapers, commercial applications, or middleware for other developers to lean on.

Source:https://yourstory.com/2017/04/bitcoins-blockchains-cryptocurrencies-india/

Martina32

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top